WHAT PART TO EAT: Leaf and stem are both edible. The colorful red, white and multi-colored stems add color to your dish!
SOURCE: chard recipe and photo: http://www.mariquita.com/recipes/chard.html
Raw Kale Salad
1 orange, peeled and sliced (optional)
1. Chop the kale into thin ribbons
2. Drizzle the kale with olive oil and sprinkle with salt
3. Massage the kale with your hands to soften it, then allow it to sit for 5-10 minutes
4. Add the lime juice, vinegar, onion and orange
5. Allow to marinate for 10 minutes
"DIG IN" WORK DAY:
Our next 2010 Heron Homestead "Dig In" Community Work Day will be...
Tuesday, July 13th
FARM WORK PROJECTS at 2:00pm
TOUR at 4:00pm
POTLUCK at 5:00 pm.
Our "Dig In" Work Days are an invitation to all of our CSA members to see the farm, get to know the growers, and "Dig In!" CSA members and other Heron Homestead friends and family of all ages and abilities are invited to join us for part or all of the work day, even if you can only come for the potluck! Please wear weather appropriate clothing. You might want to bring a pair of work gloves, a hat and a folding chair. Also, let us know if you have valuable skills or project preferences! Please RSVP.